She replied:
I had a massage last yr at Mohegan & it was fabulous. I was thinking
about planning to go there for my birthday this year but decided I’d run a half
marathon instead.
How are we related?!?
I wrote back, asking her this in all seriousness, and posited the two following hypothetical to characterize the difference between us.
stephanie: "I was going to do something relaxing and slightly indulgent for myself but decided to do a decathalon instead, but not before I'd filled the freezer with homemade, nutrient-packed meals for my children that I made using organic, locally grown vegetables."
amy: "I was going to do something relaxing and slightly indulgent for myself, but I was too lazy to make the appointment, so I just picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's at the bodega on the way home and ate the whole thing while watching 'Criminal Minds' re-runs on the couch with the cat."
To which she replied:
stephanie: "I was going to do something de-stressing for myself but decided I’d be so re-stressed immediately following that it was useless so I decided instead to do an event where random strangers would cheer for me and tell me I was doing a good job even if I collapsed on the ground and where I could pee w/o anyone watching and get a medal and have a beer after, but not before I'd filled the freezer with homemade, nutrient-packed meals that I made using organic, locally grown vegetables that my children wouldn’t touch so I said f*ck this and left them uuber-processed chicken nuggets and mac & cheese."
Maybe we are related.

2 comments:
Yay! Yer back!
hysterical! yeah, you're related!
Post a Comment