Friday, November 13, 2009

a most productive day


It's been a long week at school, so I decided to "work from home" today.

I slept in until about 9:30, checked e-mail, etc. and then got to work. I made pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread. While those were in the oven I cleaned the kitchen. I put away the dry dishes, cleaned everything in the sink, cleaned the sink, wiped down the counters and stove top, wiped down the inside of the garbage can, re-lined the garbage and recycling bins, washed the floor, and made a list of the cleaning products we need to replenish.

Then it was on to the bathroom - I cleaned the toilet, sink, mirror and floor. In the living room I cleaned up all the dirt the new kitty had tossed every where, threw out the aloe plant she ate and subsequently puked in, repotted 2 other plants, cleaned all the saucers under the plants, vacuumed the futon, moved the futon and the dining room table back to where they were before the Halloween party, put the junk mail in the recycling, wiped down the table, and moved our various shoes/bags/scarves/etc. back to our own bedrooms. I also caught up on last night's episode of Project Runway.

Fresh Direct came at 2pm, so I got my lentil soup into the crock pot and finally took a shower. I brought my line-dry laundry to the laundromat, including the bath mat and shower curtain, picked up my regular laundry on the way home, enjoyed a pumpkin muffin and a cup of tea, retrieved my wet laundry, and hung it all to dry. The blood (our Halloween party was a rager) and hair dye (roommate) both appear to have come out of the shower curtain so the bathroom no longer looks like a crime scene, which can only be considered a good thing.

I didn't make it to the gym, but all that cleaning counts as a workout, right?

And now I'm blogging for the first time in 2 weeks! It has been a most productive day, indeed. It's amazing what I can accomplish when I don't want to grade papers!

No comments: