
And am looking forward to surprising someone with a long overdue birthday gift of summery cocktail napkins.

I went a little Lilly Pulitzer with the color palette - it makes me think of sipping a spiked lemonade on the Cape.
But I feared I was becoming a one trick pony and decided to branch out into clothing. I bought tee shirt stabilizer a few weeks bag, and Friday I picked up a plain top at Old Navy.

Beer + Tacos* + Criminal Minds + Embroidery (alone on the couch on a Friday night) = Sad -or- Awesome? I'll let you decide.
I started with a plain, teal blue tee, and I added some minor embellishments. The bird cage is on the back of the shirt in the middle at the top. The birds are on the bottom left.


Stitching on the tee shirt was harder than I had anticipated. It was cheap cotton - I think the shirt cost like $4 - so a better cotton might have been easier to work with, but I wanted to practice on cheap stuff. I wasn't thrilled, and think for now I'll stick with kitchen towels.
But I had one project left for the weekend. I'm back in occupational therapy for my right hand/wrist/arm/shoulder. I started having a lot of pain again. I now sleep with a splint that immobilizes my arm from just below my shoulder to my fingers. It kinda sucks, but I see lots of people when I'm at therapy who've had breaks and surgeries and wear all sorts of contraptions, so as far as that goes, I feel fortunate to just have the night time splint. For the day time, however, I have a sweet, sweet elbow pad. Yup, that's right, an elbow pad. Like it's 1996, and I'm roller blading. It's purpose is twofold: 1) it reminds me to be careful of my elbow, and 2) it provides a little extra protection for the nerve. When the therapist first gave it to me I mumbled, "Oh this is going to do wonders for my dating life." She looked at me with all seriousness and said,"Please, please, do not wear this on a date." I said if I could have two I'd stick them in my shirt and prop the girls up.
Anywhoodle, I decided to jazz up my elbow pad a little.
But I had one project left for the weekend. I'm back in occupational therapy for my right hand/wrist/arm/shoulder. I started having a lot of pain again. I now sleep with a splint that immobilizes my arm from just below my shoulder to my fingers. It kinda sucks, but I see lots of people when I'm at therapy who've had breaks and surgeries and wear all sorts of contraptions, so as far as that goes, I feel fortunate to just have the night time splint. For the day time, however, I have a sweet, sweet elbow pad. Yup, that's right, an elbow pad. Like it's 1996, and I'm roller blading. It's purpose is twofold: 1) it reminds me to be careful of my elbow, and 2) it provides a little extra protection for the nerve. When the therapist first gave it to me I mumbled, "Oh this is going to do wonders for my dating life." She looked at me with all seriousness and said,"Please, please, do not wear this on a date." I said if I could have two I'd stick them in my shirt and prop the girls up.
Anywhoodle, I decided to jazz up my elbow pad a little.

I'm still debating what to write across the heart. I was thinking "your mom" would be funny but am open to suggestions. I've got plans for a whole line called "Bad Ass Orthopedics" that will offer a full range of bedazzled knee braces and skull and cross bone wheel chair pads. I could open boutiques in rehab clinics and assisted living centers across the country!
*Yes, I took a picture of my tacos. I thought they looked pretty.

1 comment:
You are amazing! This stuff is awesome. Etsy store for you?
Post a Comment