Sunday, March 06, 2011

Grammy trained him well

Yesterday was my grandfather's 93rd birthday.

I called my Aunt Mary to talk to her and Grampy. He was a little out of it, but his present arrived while I was on the phone with Mary, and when he got back on the phone he sounded like him old self. It made me really happy.

Mary told me she had written "Happy Birthday, Bob" in lipstick on one half of the mirror in his bathroom. He hadn't noticed, so she said she would bring him back in there later. We got off the phone so she could frost his birthday cake.

10 minutes later she called me back.

Grampy had shut the bathroom door, but she likes to keep it open, so she went in and was like, "What is all this crap all over the counter?"

Grampy had taken his tube of toothpaste and written "Thanks" on the counter next to the sink.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud. I love this!

Lisa Lisa said...

This just made my week. Love it.