Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I have a little perma-grin on my face.

Last night I came home after Paul (a rarity), and declared I was going to do some more work (another rarity). Paul was at the desk so I took my laptop into the bedroom. Normally I don't go on the computer after dinner, and Paul had clearly been counting on that.

Paul [sheepishly]: Are you going to check your e-mail?
Me: Why, did you send me mean things?
Paul [pouting]: No.
Me: Ooh, did you send me nice things?
Paul: Don't check your e-mail.
Me: Okay, I won't.
And I didn't. Until now. I was expecting an e-card, or maybe a delivery confirmation for some flowers. Instead I got this:


Subject: Happy Valentines Day
From: Paul Watson

Sent: Wed
2/13/08 5:27 PM
To: Amy LeClair

....see previous emails
Love Paul xx



And there they were - a flight confirmation from Virgin America, and a reservation for 3 nights at The Palace Hotel in San Francisco.

Just to give the back story, Paul is going to a geek conference in Santa Clara for 4 days in March, and we thought we'd tack on a weekend in San Francisco afterwards (we've been talking about going there since Paul moved here in 2004). I've been bugging him all week about whether or not his secretary has booked the trip, and Tuesday night I was saying how we really needed to get that sorted out this weekend. Paul tends to procrastinate with planning trips, whereas I like to have things all booked and settled as far ahead as possible.

In my face.

No comments: