Wednesday, November 12, 2008

suck on this, Martha

Since I moved into my apartment in late August, there are a number of small projects I've wanted to get to in the realm of home improvement. Painting the bedroom had the highest priority, and that was accomplished in within 24 hours of unloading the Uhaul. Later that same week I cleaned the pantry. Lately, the roomie and I had been discussing the need to defrost the freezer. It wasn't the most pressing matter, but for some reason I found myself in the kitchen tonight, pouring myself a 3rd glass of wine, and looked in the cabinet where the tools are to see if I could find a chisel of some sort. Instead, I found a gardening trowel, and decided to take a few chips at the ice.

But I kept thinking, if only I could melt the ice a little to get the trowel in between the edge of the freezer and the massive block of ice. Enter Conair:



Please note that the frost was several inches thick on the top, bottom and back of the freezer, There were several items that pre-dated the current roommates (with 3 and 4 years of tenure) which were frozen into the frost. With the help of the styling nozel, the "turbo" setting, the lovely Anne, and some animosity towards the ex I'm still haboring and needed to unleash, we went from that cold mess to this clean beauty:


I think I'm going to have to make a special trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on their frozen deliciousnesses since we now have so much room in the freezer!

Yes we did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been more proud.