A student who never comes to class
What's more annoying?
A student who never comes to class, and then e-mails you to say she's having trouble with the class
What's more annoying than that?
A student who never comes to class, and then e-mails you to say she's having trouble with the class, so you set up a meeting with her, and she's 25 minutes late, with no apology or anything.
And what's even more annoying than that?
A student who never comes to class, and then e-mails you to say she's having trouble with the class, so you set up a meeting with her, and she's 25 minutes late, with no apology or anything, and then when you go to tell your friend about it (because you'd been complaining to her earlier), she says, "Oh yeah, I met your student. She was hanging by the front desk and the admin wasn't there, so I asked her if she needed any help, and she said, 'Yeah, I'm looking for Amy Michel*.' And I said, 'Who?', and he said, 'The girl that teaches the stats lab.' So I said, 'oh, you mean Amy LeClair?' And she said, 'Yeah, her.'"
*There's a slight possibility that, because my middle name is Michelle, it gets chopped off on some forms and comes up as 'Amy Michel.' But not on my syllabus. Or the course website.

No comments:
Post a Comment