Wednesday, March 04, 2009

season 8 Idol chatter

Don't worry, no spoilers in this post b/c I found out last night my sister is still on Hollywood Week!! Catch up, yo!
So I've been silent on the Idol issue so far this season, but last night was too much. As a general comment on this season, I'm seriously underwhelmed. (Speaking of, when does the new season of Project Runway start? I need me a Michael Kors fix, and my one Marshall's shirt isn't cutting it.) These first few rounds have been more boring than last season's spring line at the Gap. Seriously, the contestants open their mouths to start signing, and I'm falling asleep before they hit a key change.


Then there are the judges. I love Simon - he can do no wrong (except, maybe, for the thinly veiled homophobic jokes). Randy, dawg, we've got to talk. Now Stacey and Clinton always tell us that patterns and accessories to should be proportional to the size of the women wearing them - big lady, big purse; small lady, small print. I try to remember this everyday. But I'm not sure this maxim holds true for men, Mr. Jackson, so just cause you're a bigger dude with a body-by-Grimace does not mean that you should or can wear over-sized accessories. You know exactly what I'm talking about - that watch is the size of the actual sun. It's ridiculous.


Paula should be congratulated on her sobriety - she's been remarkably unremarkable this season. Although last night she kept demonstrating her steal trap memory, which makes me think she might be snorting Ritalin. But even if she is, that's the least of the show's problems. She might also want a new make-up artist as last night I think her blush actually started inside her nostrils before creeping up her cheekbones.


And for the love of GOD we've got to get rid of this kid:


He looks like he got caught in the middle of a bitch fight at Forever 21. There's no other way to explain his "style".

Clearly I will be glued to the TV tonight for the results. Anyone know how they're running the wild card round?

1 comment:

Steph said...

We are trying our best to catch up!

What is up with Randy's watch...if you caught the sun's reflection off of it it would blind you!