Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shoe help

It's gotten ever so slightly cooler, but I'm missing the east coast version of fall. I've also got a Zappos.com gift certificate burning a whole in my online checking account balance and am shoe shopping while watching the Emmies because, let's face it, awards shows are boring. The most exciting parts come before and after, and since Paul wouldn't let me watch the red carpet preview - bastard, I will rearrange your cd's when you least expect it - and the fashion blogs won't start up til tomorrow, so I'm multitasking. I love my laptop!


So, these are a poor woman's Stuart Weitzman, but what do you think of these:

I really do need help deciding how to spend it. Do I go for something classic, like this black kitten-heel? Or perhaps something more whimsical like this striped canvas wedge? I can tell you one thing, I won't be purchasing anything that looks like this:



This style heel should be banned. Maybe this works on wood block sandals in parts of Asian were rice growing constitutes a large portion of the local agrarian economy, but this style a wedge does not make. It's a platform, and an ugly one at that. I've encountered this style many times on the clearance racks at DSW, and like that ugly blouse you see 4 or 5 visits in a row at Marshalls, it's there for a reason. These shoes suck, and if I see someone in a heel like this I'll do my very best to trip her without making it too obvious. That'll learn her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those shoes are adorable. I'm for any shoe this season that's tweed, plaid or (sorry) leopard print. You need to check out Marshall's, T.J. Maxx or Ross' shoe selection. I saw a pair so similar to the SWs you love by Elie Tahari ($90) - black/white tweed fabric, black patent heel - just a bit too high for me - the deciding factor is COMFORT - if you love the fit, they are worth it.

AML said...

I've got a DSW trip planned for Thurs - and a $10 gift certificate!