Tuesday, September 04, 2007

These people made me?

Me: I tried to call your cell phone but it was off.
Mom: We didn't bring it.
Me: Why?! What's the point of having a cell phone? This would be an excellent time to use it.
Mom (exasperated): I don't know how to use it and I was afraid of it going off on the plane.
Me (doubly exasperated): You shut it off on the plane!
Mom: Listen, I don't know how to use it.
Me: Put Dad on the phone.
Dad: Hello!
Me (incredulous): What's the point of having a cell phone if you don't know how to use it?!
Dad: This has been an ongoing saga.
Me: And between the 2 of you you couldn't figure out how to shut it off? You could have just asked the person next to you on the plane!
Dad: I just try and stay out of this.
Me: And they let you rent a car?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your poor dad, my poor brother

Anonymous said...

p.s. you inherited a lot of good genes from other members of the family.

Steph said...

Priceless! Scott says "did the phone not come with an instruction book?!"