Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kayley!

Summer has officially begun as Kayley turns one. Steph and Scott did a fantastic job throwing her b-day bash, and little K learned a hard lesson that beauty takes priority over comfort (the dress made it difficult for her to crawl, but she looked damn cute).




Stephanie's cake decorating classes have clearly paid off:



It's weird, she's gotten all Martha Stewart and shit since becoming a mom.

Grammy and Grampy made it for the occasion, although I had to tell Helen I'd give her $.25 to take a picture with me.



"Make it $0.26!" she's saying. (No seriously, that's what she said.)


The party also gave me a chance to catch up with some of Steph's awesome friends - and avid Shoe Addict readers ("hi" Melissa, Jen, & Meghan!). Some characters were noticeably missing - I mean you, Miss Amanda! - including Meghan's husband, Doug, who apparently partied too hard with the neighbors last night. Hey Doug! Bet you didn't think you'd get called out on my blog, did you? Have fun waking up with James at 4:45 AM this week!


The highlight of the day and of being back on the east coast is, of course, my little niece. She's just so beautiful and fun and giggly and awesome. I'm so happy I get to be here to hang out with her! Congratulations, big girl, I can't wait to see what the next year brings for you.



She's got a little Suri Cruise look going on, no? But cuter, of course. And with a less crazy dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG she's beautiful - definitely has Steph's eyes......and speaking of Stephanie, did she really take a cake decorating class???
and you finally get a pic with Grampy smiling, but what's Grammy waving at? So sorry I missed the BIG ONE-Happy Birthday Kayley!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who is cuter, your niece or your grandmother!

AML said...

Mary - I know, yes, and she's waving to Aunt Donna. But she also asked Scott's dad if he had permission to take pictures when he was snapping shots of K.
Beth - I know, I want to squeeze them both! I have to be careful with Helen, though, she's delicate.