I'm trying to settle back into a somewhat normal routine and do things I've been putting off like, oh, ...say, shave my legs. So I was getting ready for a shower the other day and went to get my razor (I had used disposables on my trip and was all out). I found the stick part of a Gillette Mach-3 razor, but no blades. I found a package of 4 blades for a Venus razor, but no stick. Go figure. I suppose I could have just held the replacement blade between my fingers, but my legs are already unsightly enough with bruises from various run-ins with furniture and, a particularly nasty one, the lawn mower, so I decided to wait. I'd already passed the prickly stubble phase and moved into the soft shag phase, and no one's seeing them but me.
I stopped in the supermarket to pick up a few things and went into the personal care aisle. Now, first of all, razors are so unreasonably expensive - it pisses me off to have to buy anything. After staring at the selection for a minute or so and cursing the cost under my breath, I decided to get a new Venus because it was cheaper than the blades for the Mach. Of course I have to go with the newest model of the Venus, and here she is:

5 blades! Count them - 5! For the love of god! It looks like a cheese grater.

2 comments:
maybe time to look at waxing or an Epilator - yeah, initially some real pain, but after a while, it's just a piece of cake!!
I can't let my leg hair grow out long enough to wax, I feel like a cricket when I'm sleeping, and I did buy an epilator - still too painful to use on a regular basis.
Post a Comment