Monday, June 09, 2008

Thoughts on Boston

  • If you've never lived here, you really can't understand what it's like for it to be 50 degrees, raw and wet one day and 90 degrees, hot and humid the next.
  • On that note, this is not a climate for people with naturally curly hair. There's only so much even the best of hair products can achieve. Honest, the bank clock says it's 103, and even my hair looks like it hurts.
  • I've never seen it snow pollen before. Got Claritin?
  • Where do the taxes go? Why do I feel like the roads in Kabul are better than the ones here?
  • Drivers, you're not doing anything to dispell stereotypes of Massholes.
  • Cobblestones and high heels don't mix. Who put all the bars in Fanueil Hall?
  • Could we employ some people to make street signs? Seriously, I drove cross-country with the free maps AAA gives you, and the only city I got a tad lost in was Austin, TX, and even then for about 5 min. I know I've never lived in Boston proper, but I did grow up in the area and still can't find my way around for the life of me. Maybe we should have straightened out some of the old cow paths before paving them. Ever heard of urban planning? And if you're an out-of-towner, you are completely shit-out-of-luck.
  • The genius thing about rotaries is that if you miss your exit, you can just do another lap.
  • New cars on the green line with a/c might be the greatest thing to happen to Boston since Sam Adams.
  • The T is $2 and a Sam Summer draft is $5.50, but the bars are still only open til 2 and public transport stops at 12. You want to be like NYC, or you don't. Make a decision.
  • I'm all for a good "Yankees suck" cheer, but do we have to do it every night, at every bar, even when there's no game on?
  • Is there a single bar/restaurant/pub/tavern in the city that does not have Journey on the jukebox?
  • I know I'm home when everyone's wearing their Sox jerseys. Out. We're talking weekend nights. Even when there's no game.
  • I'm now supposed to care about the basketball, too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're loving being back East........just remember, all of us Californians would welcome you back with open arms!!!