- If you don't want to drive the speed limit, that's fine, but please don't sit in the left hand lane, especially on a 2 lane highway. Why make it your personal mission to make me drive 10-15mph slower than I would like?
- If I'm in the left lane, and you come speeding up behind me like some wannabe Nascar star, give me 7 seconds to move over instead of passing me on the right.
- The vast majority of the time, it is not necessary to come to a complete stop before taking a right hand turn.
- Likewise, if you're at a 4-way intersection with a 2-way stop sign, it is rarely necessary for you to come to a complete stop when YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.
- When you throw your car into reverse, LOOK.
- You're called Massholes for a reason. What is considered "tailgating" in most places is taken to a whole new level. Honestly, I feel like I'm getting an automotive colonoscopy. What's the proctology report back there?
- If, in a moment of kindness, I left you merge ahead of me/ take your left-hand turn/ pull out of the Dunkin Donuts parking lot, give me the high sign. Just hold your hand up - it's not that hard.
- Pedestrians, if I let you cross the street even though you're not in a cross walk, please don't take your sweet ass time sauntering over to the other side of the street. You don't need to sprint, but please do continue at a reasonable pace.
- Drivers, if there's a pedestrian in a cross-walk I have to stop. It's the law. You're also a jerk if you don't. Especially when it's a kid with a backpack on a rainy day or some elderly ladies coming out of church. Honk one more time and I'll throw this car into reverse without looking. You're always more than 50% at fault for a rear-ender.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Thoughts on driving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Okay, you know I love you, right? But as your very good friend I must point out that this blog entry proves that unavoidable East Coast thing is happening to you. I can hear your inner-Californian trying to regain her voice but she's slipping, down that slippery, slippery slope into the abyss of EAST COAST DRIVER!!! It is all good. I just wanted you to know that I know and if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here.
LOL - The high sign. I love it. SED's favourite expression.
Toni - it crept in like a virus. The roads are also unbelievably bad here, if you remember from your stint in NJ, from the salt, snow, plowing, etc. and that clearly adds to the stress. I feel like I'm in a video game trying to avoid the potholes.
Beth - seriously, how hard is it to raise a hand? SED and I will discuss this over wine coolers...
Post a Comment