Monday, February 09, 2009

Boston Stair Climb - Mission Accomplished

We did it!

We didn't look quite as good when we finished, but we all made it to the top.


We had some good motivation, and we needed it.
41 floors = 82 flights = 789 steps

I started with a light jog. By the 3rd floor I could feel a little heat in my thighs. By the 4th floor the heat was in my knees. By the 5th floor the fire was in my lungs. The only good part was that after the 10th floor it didn't get any worse, so it was just a matter of continuing to move.

Afterwards there was an "awards ceremony" at the Bell in Hand. Shockingly, we weren't the fastest team (the winners were under 5 minutes each). The trophy looked tasty, too.




Thanks to your help, I raised $315, and as a team The Hotsteppas raised $855!
And now I'm back to taking the elevator.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

AML said...

Thank you! I feel very grateful every time I go up a flight of stairs now knowing there aren't 81 more to go!

Sirmelja said...

I'm guessing no firefighters showed up? Oh well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad :-)

AML said...

There were some very attractive firefighters, and one in particular named Ryan. He was about 6'2". He was also 22. And from Maine. win some - lose some