Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She Swims, She Rides, She Runs, She ROX

Just in case the Stair Climb wasn't enough... I have officially registered for my first triathlon!

A couple of years ago, my sister, inspired by her friend Meghan, did the Danskin Women's Tri. They were joined by my brother-in-law's sister. Well Meg's now got a 2-year-old and a 3-month-old, and Steph's going to pop with #2 in mid-April, so the tri's out for them this year. I've talked about doing it for the last two years, but this year Lisa and I (and some of the other Hotsteppas!) decided we were going to do it.


As motivation, and because they're on sale, Lisa and I ordered these:

Lisa opted for the plain black one, but I thought the piping might make it more flattering, that the flowers would help me look more like a lady and less like a seal. But who am I kidding, there's nothing flattering about this. It's big motivation, though.

And did I mention it's on my birthday? Triathlon for 29. Cruise for 30.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Good luck getting into that sucker- that could be a sport in itself!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe.

Sirmelja said...

Good for you!!

AML said...

Thanks ladies!

Lisa Lisa said...

"Less like a seal" - I just spit out diet ginger ale reading that..and then promptly ate a Carmel Delite.