I was a little nervous when I saw the new spinning instructor this morning. She was wearing full-rise cropped black leggings, white tube socks with black sneakers, and a cut-off white tee shirt. She also had a bad 80s perm. She basically looked like if one of your middle-school friend's moms had been an aerobics instructor.
She was really good, though - I was pleasantly surprised. I talked my friend Ruthie into doing the class with me because RKG, who originally got me into spinning, is a full PhD now and has a real, tenure track job. Ruthie, like RKG, is about 40 lbs lighter than be an is a work-horse - good gym motivation partner.
And when my knees started scream as we did 2-count jumps (sit in the seat for 2, stand and pedal for 2) I just kept thinking, "bikini, bikini, bikini..." every time I pushed the pedal.
In fact, the one I ordered (in hot pink) should be arriving tomorrow. 22 days til Cancun!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment