Monday, May 25, 2009

the perfect day

I had a rather amazing day. I woke up during the 9 o'clock hour thirsty, but without a hangover, despite my best efforts last night. I went for a 5.5 mile walk/run (emphasis on the walking) in Prospect Park and got a little sun on my arms. I promised myself that if I ran the whole time in the park - the last bit of which is cruelly uphill - I could get a massage, which I did. My back and shoulder have been killing me, plus me thinks there might be some carpal tunnel issues arising because I keep getting numbness and tingling in my right forearm and hand - occupational hazard of academia, right up there with paper cuts. The massage was fantastic.

Afterwards I went for a little walk in my 'hood. There's a store that I keep wanting to go into but it's always closed when I go by. I ran by it's sister store this morning and saw a really cute pair of sandals, I've been on the hunt for new sandals, so I decide to try the one closer by. Jackpot! I love this store. They have super-cute stuff, totally my style, and reasonable prices. I got a tank top, a sundress, and a pair of sandals.

On my way home I got an iced coffee to round out the day. Now I'm going to pretend to do some work for a few hours until Anne gets home. She went home this weekend, and I've been going through withdrawal. She texted saying she was going to need to unwind, so we have a hot couch date planned for tonight with homemade sangria and guacamole.

I've been alone most of the day, but I was at a BBQ with my sociology peeps last night (that resulted in not 1 but 2 more facebook friends - score!), so it was fine chillin' on my own. And with Anne coming back tonight, it just might be a perfect day.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend, maybe even a perfect day!

No comments: