We met on the Saturday, he called on the Monday, and we had our first date on the Wednesday. To be totally honest, I thought it was going to be a train wreck. Instead, it was great. We talked non-stop, no awkward silences. Since then we've hung out a few times, including sober dates. Last Tuesday we were supposed to go see a taping of the Daily Show. Unfortunately we got cut - we were the last people to not make it in. The good news is we got bumped to a VIP list for another date. I joked that if he didn't want to see me again he could find a better date with the VIP seats. At least I thought I was joking.
We had some drinks, had some dinner, and came back to my place and hung out. He left around 11PM. I was disappointed, and he saw that, but assured me that he'd be "all mine" at the weekend. He also asked when I was going to make him dinner. And then....
...Nothing. I don't hear a word. All week.
Sunday - 3 in the afternoon - I get a text:
SBDP: How's life?
Me: Hello there. Good. What've you been up to?
SBDP: Getting caught in family/work crossfire, forgetting mother's day, etc. Now being happy that subway's screwy so I have an excuse not to leave my apartment. You? Finished w your other class?
Me: Sounds like fun. Finished class just need to finish grading. Not much else. Baking. Subbed mashed avocado for oil & it seems to have worked.
SBDP: Yum
Me: So do we get to make bread or hummus or something any time soon or are you still holding out for a better Daily Show date?
SBDP: Yes, let's make bread! That sounds like fun. Gave to be during the week - important pub trivia tonight
Me: Well let me know when you can squeeze me in
SBDP: Tuesday
Me: sounds good. Good luck tonight
SBDP: Thanks
So we're hanging out tomorrow. We're making the stupid fucking bread. I know I have to leave my attitude at the door or it's not worth it, so this is me getting my bitch on and getting it all out.
Oh, and don't worry, there are other dudes in my boy-toy box. Updates on the horizon.

4 comments:
I don't think this means he's not into you. He DID text, even if it was later than we hoped. Boys. Are. Slow. But if he doesn't do it for you in future, then you might have to kick him to the curb because he don't give you what you want. You rock. You rock more than this boy.
Thanks babe! It's easier when you're in the office to consult on a day-by-day basis :)
Update: He was sweet and fun and non-douchey. I think we'll keep hanging out but I have less expectations, so that should keep me slightly more sane:)
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering! (Really!) I miss being in the office too.
Post a Comment