Thursday, June 25, 2009

help my friends get a free wedding cake!

Huge favor to ask!!! Cakes For Occasions is doing a contest for best proposal story for a free cake. My friend Stacey is getting married this fall, and she has one of the most amazing proposal stories I've ever heard. No matter how cynical I get about dating and relationships, this is one of the stories that keeps me going. Also, Stacey and I have known each other since we met doing drama years and years ago. We're not always super in touch, but she is an amazing friend and has always been there for me when I've needed her. She's a wonderful person and really deserves to get this cake!!!
Please vote for Stacey and Dave here... http://www.cakes4occasions.com/


If you don't know Stacey or her story, here it is:

My boyfriend (Dave) emailed my friend from college (Kyle) in order to make a plan to get me to New York City. My friend Kyle decided to take advantage of my obsession with John Stamos. I received a phone call from Kyle saying that his friend was producing a new musical on Broadway and that they were trying to secure John Stamos for the lead. A business dinner was planned, and Kyle asked his friend if I could come because of my love for Uncle Jesse. I was told as long as I behaved I could join. I spent the next two weeks getting ready for the dinner of my lifetime. My boyfriend dropped me off at South Station and I took the train to New York City one Saturday morning in May. I met Kyle at his apartment, watched a few YOUTUBE videos of John Stamos, and proceeded to get gussied up for this special dinner. We get to this posh restaurant in Tribeca, check in at the hostess stand, and the hostess whispers something to the other host. Kyle says "See, they said we are with the John Stamos party!” I smiled with excitement. We walk up to the table and there are eight people with menus in front of their faces. One menu falls down and it's my boyfriend's sister. I said, "What are you doing here?" I'm still clueless. All the menus come down and my parents, my sister, Dave's parents, Dave's brother, brother's fiance, and sister are all there. Dave comes out from the side and makes a beautiful speech, then gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. All I could do was nod through my tears of joy. Everyone in the restaurant started cheering and clapping. After I put the gorgeous ring on my finger, kissed my fiancĂ©, I turned to our table and said, "Does this mean I'm not meeting John Stamos??" Everyone laughed. I was so touched that our families came all the way to New York City to make this occasion one I will never forget.

1 comment:

AML said...

UPDATE: Thanks in part to all YOUR help, Stacey and Dave won the cake - yay!!! I'm going to the wedding in October, so I'll be sure to post pictures.