Greetings!
It's WTF week over here. Let's review some of the weeks top WTF events:
- Baby daddy date - The (alleged) drug dealer and I had a date scheduled for Monday night. I really didn't want to go, but I didn't want to be mean. I spent all day thinking about how to get out of this; I implored my friends to put on their thinking caps and find me an excuse. Just as I was about to send some lame text about not feeling well, I got a Hail Mary: "Im not going to be able to make it tonight i have daughter till the morning, but i would like to see you soon ttyl!" Yes! but how did I get to the point in my life where I'm receiving text messages like this? WTF?
- Texted absence - Wednesday, 8:00 AM, my phone beeps. I wonder what Jane wants; I'm assuming it's Jane because I can't imagine who else could possibly be texting me at that hour, but no. It's a student telling me he's not going to be in class that morning. I gave my students my cell phone # last week when we went to see a film, because I didn't know what the theater looked like, where the ticket booth was, etc. In no way did I intend for them to use my number for any other reason. WTF?
- Facebooked ex - Wednesday, 3:30 PM, (it was a big day) I got a friend request from my high school ex-boyfriend. We had lots of up's and down's, but reconciled in early 2004. We haven't really kept in touch since. He's now bald, married, and has 2 month old twins. Why are you Facebooking me? You have 2 infants to be caring for! WTF?
- Return of SBDP - I haven't heard from the philosopher in over a month. We hung out, we made bread (we actually baked a loaf of bread, that's not a euphemism for something sexual), and that was it. I texted him the day after - bupkis. He called today. He left a message (no way was I answering that call) apologizing for being out of touch - lots of family drama, apparently - and asking if I wanted to get coffee. Did I mention it's been a month? WTF?
That's it so far for WTF week. Stay tuned for more WTF updates!

No comments:
Post a Comment