Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stoop Sale = Success!

Sunday my roommate Anne and I held a stoop sale. This is what you do when you live in an urban environment and don't have a yard, but need to say all your old crap. We got our stuff downstairs around 10 AM. I thought we'd be done around 1 PM. Not so. 8 hrs later, we both had sunburns, we've met some very interesting people, and we'd made about $300. Exhausting, but totally worth it, mainly because we got so much stuff out of our apartment!




I saw two pairs of my shoes find new homes (I only put out 2 pairs!), unlike this summer when I had a yard sale at my parents' house. Clearly there weren't enough suburban fashionistas around to appreciate my collection - I think I only sold 1 pair out of the whole lot!




I miss you all and hope you're happy where ever you walk.

No comments: