Friday, October 16, 2009

big Boston weekend

I love MA in the fall, so last weekend's great weather made for an even better weekend.

Friday night I had planned to "take it easy" - famous last words. Lisa and Christina are running the NYC ING marathon in 2 weeks. They're raising money for Team for Kids and had a fundraising event at The Point. It started off easy, and then it ended like this:



Such a gentleman, and quite the dancer.

Saturday was a day of rest that involved lunch with my Grampy, some light shopping, and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

Sunday my friend Stacey, aka rs. John Stamos, got married! It was a beautiful day, and everything went beautifully. I had never been to a Greek ceremony before, and, ooh boy, they give a Catholics a run for their money in the best-mass-by-sheer-length category.

The best part of the reception? It's a toss-up between the groom serenading the bride to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" while she rocked the air guitar and the bride and groom's final dance to "I Want to Grow Old With You" from The Wedding Singer

Monday I was a very proud spectator at the the Tufts 10k for Women where I cheered on Lisa, my sister, and her friends (big shout out to Meghan, Dacia and Karen).




I rounded out the weekend with a quick visit to my sister's to see my favorite practicing potty-trainer and my favorite person just getting onto solid foods:




The perfect weekend!





No comments: