Wednesday, October 01, 2008

debate parties


Will election season in full swing, it's basically all we talk about in the department everyday. Friday night, my roommate and I co-hosted a debate debut part. We were playing a game where we'd drink every time McCain said "spending," but we had to stop because we were starting to feel sick. (Signs you're getting too old to play drinking games for 400, please, Alex.)


Tomorrow night I'm going to another get-together at a friend's place for the VP debate. We're going to have pizza and wine and, according to the latest e-mail, play Palin Bingo. I'm not sure exactly how it'll work, but I can't wait! Let's hope she'll able to give more answers than she gave Katie Couric.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for coming, Aims! It was terrific to have you and your hilarious Palin-directed invectives over to Clinton Hill.
Brooklyn *hearts* Barack and Biden.
(And as an aside re: the post above, WTF?!? Being in grad school with the purpose of eventually giving back to society in an overwhelmingly meaningful way via teaching or lawyering or whatever takes us out of the real world?! As the current tenor of our economics/society shows us, living on meager wages/aid, without access to healthcare, babysitting as we approach 30 is the epitome of the real world. Blech - I just got nauseous from the idea that my (semi-but-not-really) flexible schedule as a law student is an envious, non-real world thing.
Holla to you and all your grad school colleagues...in the real world.)

AML said...

Cheers, lovie! I knew you'd understand. And thanks for hosting such a great debate shindig - the plum crumble was delicious.