Since noon I've managed to squeeze in drinks tonight with Guy #3, who does media/film production and photography and seems very geek-chic. We've had a good e-mail volley going on, mostly centering a shared appreciation of ice cream which is always a bonus, and he suggested one of my favorite restaurants in the Village for drinks so that's another 10 pts. They have chalkboard tables in the booths so if the date is going badly I can just play tic-tac-toe with myself.
Guy #1 called and left a message, so it looks like a second date will be arranged, and Guy #2 just called to cancel for tomorrow night because he had a zit or something on his face that got infected (he once let something go on his foot and had to spend 5 days in the hospital because it got into his blood stream). Apparently he told his doctor he had a date for Wednesday, and she recommended he cancel. To his credit, he wants to put his best foot forward, and I guess it's hard to do that when you've got a boil on your face, so that date is postponed awaiting medical clearance.
This dating thing is hysterical. I can foresee no shortage of blogging material in the near future.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Can I make one small request? Can you go on one date a night? Even if they are total losers on email...I am old and married with too many kids running around. I could see myself reading about the dating girl in the big city...and pretend that I am one of those crazy chicks with expensive clothes sitting drinking wine out of funky glasses listening to your sex or lack there of sex stories.
Boils, drinks, chalkboard tables in the Village, paying for yourself...I am already hooked.
*sigh* shit I hear one of the kids crying....
I'm so loving this. Daily updates, please! ;)
Oh ladies, I'm not sure my life is as exciting as you make it out to be, but I'm glad you're entertained.
Post a Comment