Thursday, March 15, 2007

Houston, we have a problem.

Just back from London and while I'd plan to go on and on about how the British will carpet absolutely anything (bathrooms, kitchens, subway seats - honestly, anything) I had an experience in Trader Joe's this morning that I have to share, if for no other reason than because I refuse to suffer alone.

In line in front of me was a woman, all of 5' nothing, with big, brown curly hair. She was wearing - and I could not make this up if I tried - a black lace cami over a blue, NASA jump suit with red cowboy boots.

!!

So many questions! Was she trying to be ironic? Was she just stocking up on snacks before strapping on her adult diaper and driving 800 miles to mace someone? Was she trying to raise awareness about the dangers of unrequited (imagined) love triangles and the potentially psychosis inducing stress working mothers face in male dominated occupations?

No comments: