Thursday, March 29, 2007

Return to the Land of the Living

Sorry for the patchy blogging over here. It’s not for a lack of material – there’s so much to talk about! Heather Mills and former Miss America on Dancing with the Stars, the first signs of Spring in the Northeast, Paul getting evicted from his apartment and finding us a nice 2 bedroom a block from the beach. Unfortunately I’ve been distracted by the demon virus. Since Friday night the ultimate battle between good and evil has been ragging in my GI tract. Sure, the doctor said it’s just some viral gastro enteritis thingie, but I know that when my stomach pains Monday night almost sent me to the hospital it was because Lucifer and Yahweh themselves were going mano e mano in my small intestine.

I forgot how much being sick sucks. I don’t have cable and I don’t like soap operas or day-time court shows, so I’ve been pretty much shit out of luck on the television front during the day. I bought Lucky, but it just pisses me off how insanely expensive everything in there is. Ooh, I can get a Kale handbag for $516 instead of $645 – ‘Lucky Break’ my eye. Instead, I’ve been sipping my Gatorade, vitamin water, ginger ale and other jewel-toned liquids from my bed. I never thought I’d say it, but thank god for Fox. American Idol to the rescue! I’m back on the couch and inspired to blog away, never mind my body’s violent aversion to solids.

First of all, and I cannot believe I’m going to document this statement, I think Paula Abdul was actually sober on Tuesday night. She made rational comments. They actually had substance. I can’t be absolutely sure because I was so distracted by Sanjaya’s faux hawk, but if she was using substances they were fairly benign. Second major observation, the girls on that show have got to get a new nail artist. I loathe chunky, thick squared off acrylic nails. You can get more natural looking results with Lee press-on’s. Third, not crazy about Haley’s version of “True Colors” but I covet the black dress she was wearing (although I’m not sure how that banded hem would work with my behind). I covet it almost as much as I covet Gwen Stefani’s eye liner.

One final thing I couldn’t quite understand. Did the AI wardrobe budget run out before Jordin could pick out her complete ensemble, forcing one of the interns to run down to a local Papa Gino’s, steal a table cloth and fashion it into a short sleeve zip up hoodie? That doesn’t seem believable, but what’s my other option? Am I really to believe that a) enough people in the fashion industry believed that garment was a good enough idea to bring to production, b) the garment then made it to the AI fashion closet, and c) this girl chose to wear it because she thought it looked good? I might be a little weak from not eating, but I'm not delusional people.


And by the look on Ryan's face I'm guessing he's sharing either my virus or my thoughts about her outfit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my travel embargo is lifted I'm on my way to your beach!

Anonymous said...

That just sounded somewhat dirty. But I'm sticking with it.

AML said...

Beth you are welcome at my beach any time. We'll try and keep it clean - just remember to bring sunblock.