In that vein, my colleagues and I have been sharing our experiencces. We currently have a contest for best excuse for late paper/missing class/ reason why you can't take the exam. I, of course, am a front runner with the "Inspirational Speaker". SBK got an e-mail that said, "I opened the door to let my cat out this morning and two squirrels ran in." That's it. That was the whole excuse.
Then there are those incidents that would be funny if, that is, they weren't also a little scary. Take, for example the following exchange. My friend holds his weekly recitation at a local fair trade coffee shop. It's very hip and cool and right-on. They also have good coffee.
----- Original Message -----
From - TA
Date - Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:08:12 -0500
To - ENTIRE CLASS
Subject - on getting a table
...hi folks, i have a meeting tomorrow morning before
recitation. i will be ON TIME, like all of you, but i won't be able to get
there early and stake out our table ... if anyone arrives early (or can arrive
early) and claim us that table, that'd be great. i'll buy you
coffee.thanks, and see you at 930
And then he got this reply from a student:
----- Original Message -----
From - STUDENT
Date - Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:24:44 -0500
To - TA
Subject - Re: on
getting a table ...
hm. that sounds almost like a date. isn't that against the rules?
Um, WHAT?!? She sounds like a potential bunny-boiler to me.

2 comments:
LOL. Was that serious? I mean, is there really someone that stupid out there?!
I would have used the term "self-absorbed" or "delusional", but stupid definitely works, too. And the answer is "yes."
Post a Comment