Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Welcome to the Blog World, Rachel!

Was very excited to find an e-mail from Rachel waiting for me in my inbox this morning. Rachel is a friend from my days of Cambridge - she lived across the hall from me and was actually the very first person I met there! (Probably more memorable for me than for her, although I can only imagine what I looked like when I crawled out of my room in one of my waking intermissions to my jetlagged sleep, rising only to use the bathroom and eat another bag of nutri-grain bites I had luckily packed). She's also the first kiwi I ever met, and one of the coolest people I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. She embodies the word "lovely" and inspired me to start making my own humus. We share some very found memories.

So I was thrilled to bits she got in touch, and even more excited to find out she's just started blogging! I knew we weren't all being attention whores and that this would actually be a great way to keep in touch when good friends and loved ones are scattered over the globe. I'm still hoping to get to New Zealand in the not-so-distant future (5 year plan?), but in the meantime I'll have to be content with pictures of wonky carrots and stories of court summons.

P.S. I just had a small moment of heart failure when I realized I accidentally posted to the NYLON blog (which also appears on my dashboard) instead of my own baby. NYLON is a research collective between students at LSE and NYU, it's great, blah blah blah, but holly shit I was sitting here going, "No. No! Nonononono!!! Delete! How do I DELETE!" Man, that was a close one. It was like a bad "reply-all" mistake but with a much larger audience. A warning to all - careful blogging!

No comments: