Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy 2008!

After being awake for over 24 hrs and traveling for the majority of that, I am finally trying to re-enter normal daily life.

Some highlights of the trip included:

  • seeing Kayley and all of my family (even if I didn't get to see as much of either as I would of liked)
  • flying business class on the international portion of the journey and getting upgraded to first class on the return (the socialist in me says, "you're treated as a worthier human being is you have more money," while the diva in me says, "I don't want to fly unless I can avoid coach!")
  • finding Chomps are still sold, even if their price has increased from 10 to 15p (damn you, inflation)
  • Paul revisiting his English roots. One moment, after surveying the transformation of many of Cambridge's fine, old man pubs into gastro-pubs, (or "wanker traps" as Paul likes to call them), he'd say things like "I remember when it was all fields around here." The next day, seeing the dreary rain outside, he muttered, "I miss me palm trees."
  • meeting Harry, Paul's nephew, and Sammy, Paul's friends' son and Harry's cousin - cute, happy, healthy babies abounded!

(Un)fortunately - haven't decided which - the travels not over yet. This weekend I'm off to Santa Barbara for a girl time with the newly single Aunt Mary - watch out guys, she's a cougar on the prowl! - and then I'm heading to NYC sometime next week for Tey & Alice's commitment ceremony and visiting my peeps.

It's nice to be back, though, and I hope everyone's off to a good start for a suburbalicious New Year!!

No comments: