Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Redux

Merry (belated) Christmas!*

I've been bad about blogging lately, so I thought I'd catch up on this cold, windy day. First, I owe you an update on the neighborhood decoration rivalry. It was a slow start, but it was worth the wait.








My friend shares his birthday with the baby Jesus, so he had a joint 30th/ugly Christmas sweater extravaganza.




Then there was the Christmas cookie baking and decorating. It was fairly tame this year.





Isn't baking amazing? It's like magic (or science). You take this:



put it in the oven, and it turn into this:




That's a triple chocolate gingerbread cake. The gingerbread flavor didn't really stand out, though. I can't imagine why. Perhaps it had something to do with the spices in my parents' kitchen: I think this was what Columbus was looking for when he left Spain.

You know what else is in my parents' kitchen? Well, let's take a look. I was sitting at the table eating cereal own morning and looked up to see something staring at me. It wasn't there 20+ lb cat. What was that in the light?


Angry Santa! Who forgot to leave him cookies?!?!



Not my niece and nephew. Kayley helped write the note and leave out the treats for Santa "and the reindeer," she reminded us.


In the morning, Santa had indeed left presents.



And I got my Christmas wish - hugs and kisses from K and Z. And a sweet new mini-prep food processor. Hope everyone's holidays were merry and bright!

*Sorry this post took so long - serious photo-uploading issues, and it just didn't work without the visuals.

No comments: