
There seems to be some competition from across the street. They saw the pumpkin, raised them a ghost and added an inflatable witch and fence garland.

The morning after the Yankees won the World Series they had mylar Yankees balloons tied to the ghosts. Nice touch.
The rivalry continued during Thanksgiving. My neighbors brought out their giant turkey.

So did the people across the street, but theirs was standing up.

And there was autumnal colored garland on the fence.
I'm a little disappointed that the Christmas decorations aren't up yet. We bought our tree tonight, and there's nothing in the front yards. I think there might be a stand-off, each side waiting for the other to show their cards so they can up the ante. I fully expect to wake up one morning and see a life-sized sleigh coming down from the rough, something in the vein of Ned Flanders in that first Simpsons' Christmas special.

1 comment:
That's great...I hope thye celebrate Christmas and not Hannukah- I don't think they sell giant inflatable menorahs
Post a Comment