Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Idols away

My Tuesday night class has ended and so last night I FINALLY got to watch Idol, and just in time. The performances were pretty good all around so I thought I'd comment on some more pressing issues.

First of all, I love Jordyn. And I love the dress she was wearing for her first song almost as much as I love her. I would really like to see her hair blown out with a nice round brush and perhaps touched up with a fat-barrelled curling iron, not with yucky straight ends like in those clips they showed of her back home. Also, she should never ever highlight her hair because it is a gorgeous brown, and that's not as easy to come by as it might seem (to be a gorgeous monotone brunette - not brassy or mousy - think, how many are there really).

Secondly, Janiac made a good point last night when she said she didn't really trust Melinda. M.Doolittle clearly has the best voice, that's not really a question, but this competition is about finding a pop star and she just doesn't really fall into that category. As I believe I've mentioned before, she's got a head like Guy Smiley's from Sesame Street, which just isn't right. Puppets are parodies of people; people should not look like puppets, even if puppets often look like people. She suffers from this in the same way as former nightly news anchor Roz Abrams, who also looks like a Crank Yanker. It's not right.

And then there's Blake. I might actually cry tonight if Blake gets eliminated. Beyond all reason and logic Blake actually makes sweater vests look sexy, and I think Blake and Justin Timberlake among the small handful of men who can pull off the zip-up hoodie/suit jacket combo without looking like complete douche bags (a la Ashton Kutcher - sorry if you're a fan but he is just so unbelievably full of himself). I will totally buy Blake's album when it comes out, and not just on iTunes - I will buy the actual physical CD so I can have him near me and look at pictures of him rockin' argyle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We only get Idol clips on E! but I just said to Larry today that that Melinda one does not look like much of a pop star to me...