

After running around NY and FL for 2 weeks I made it back to the Boston area this weekend for my sister's baby shower. Her due date is 1 month from today, and I mentioned that the end of the shower would be a good time for her to go into labor (funnily, my sister disagreed), but Li'l Spins is almost done cookin' so she could really go any time now. It was a beautiful day, the Mac's were great hosts, and I enjoyed both the yummy food and the collective "ooohhh's" and "ahhhh's" over little girls clothes. I found these adorable "bun in the oven" favors online - they have a little blueberry muffin mix inside. The bedding and decor for the nursery is called "Jungle Luv", and my mom found a beautiful cake to match (which almost made up for locking my 94-year-old grandmother in the car - almost). And there's my super-pregger sis cutting the cake - people are split over whether or not Steph and I look alike, but sometimes I find it hard to believe we come from the same gene pool. For starters she has managed to gain weight only in her stomach and chest. If I ever get pregnant I'm pretty sure my ass will expand to the size of a Toyota Sequoia, and even if my boobs swell they'll be hard pressed to rival Steph's mammary-tastic expansion. Secondly, her feet pregnant and swollen are still smaller than my boats. But I digress...
Baby Spindler got lots of cool stuff, but I'd like to highlight her Auntie Amy line of cool clothes (note: I purchased these in January and struggled not to post them sooner).
Here we have her arrival outfit, her summer BBQ/pool party outfit (she's a Mass baby, and I'll be damned if it's July 4th and my niece hasn't got anything to wear but a white onesie and a receiving blanket), her "back-to-school" outfit, something to relax in as she gets older (those jeans are fleece-lined and I want her to learn the importance of layers early on), and then finally 2 play-time feetie jumpers for when she's got lots of strenuous baby stuff to do, like sit up and have quality tummy time. She can be comfortable without being sloppy.
Here we have her arrival outfit, her summer BBQ/pool party outfit (she's a Mass baby, and I'll be damned if it's July 4th and my niece hasn't got anything to wear but a white onesie and a receiving blanket), her "back-to-school" outfit, something to relax in as she gets older (those jeans are fleece-lined and I want her to learn the importance of layers early on), and then finally 2 play-time feetie jumpers for when she's got lots of strenuous baby stuff to do, like sit up and have quality tummy time. She can be comfortable without being sloppy.




And just in case her dad was still entertaining any half-baked ideas of making this child a Yankees fan (the brother-in-law is from the wrong part of CT), along with the 2 Red Sox books she received Li'l Spins got this tee-shirt from Lori:

I'd also like to give a special shout-out to James, who is just too friggin' cute and made me laugh and calmed me down when I was fantasizing about sticking my mother's head in oven:
James is pretty much betrothed to my unborn niece. As one of the girls pointed out the dads are going to have to figure out how many goats and sacks of grain will be exchanged in the deal.


2 comments:
The favours, the cake, the too damn cute outfits, I love them all!!! Oh man, don't start me down this track...
I know! It's really hard to not buy small, pink, frilly things ALL the time.
Post a Comment