
After a less-than-fantastic week I had a really great weekend that deserves to be homaged in a blog entry. Saturday Peter planned a surprise hot date for us - he wanted to share some of his favorite NYC experiences with me before I leave (a month from today - eek!). We started off with champagne and snacks chez Peter - which, might I add, is looking fabulous after phases 1 (bathroom) and 2 (kitchen) of Extreme Makeover: Homo Edition. Then we took the B/D uptown - I knew it must have been something pretty darn special for us to be venturing above 14th St. - and we watched the dress rehearsal of SNL with Zach Braff and Maroon 5!! It was so cool! They test some material that doesn't make it into the final live show so we got 2 good hours of comedy. Zach Braff if fantastic, you should definitely check out his tribute to the Garden State (and also the TV Funhouse clip with Oprah and the Presidential candidates - it's hysterical). I cannot wait for the new Maroon 5 CD to come out - they might be my new favorite non-new band. Afterwards we had a late dinner at a trendy lower east side byob Japanese restaurant with another friend and capped off the evening with some wine at 'inoteca.
Sunday I was deliciously lazy. I slept til about 10, read, surfed the web, had both breakfast and lunch in bed, and didn't get out of my pj's til about 2:30. It was so nice! Then SBK and RKG headed into Brooklyn (curse you Sunday night B train!) to join the rest of the gang for a BBQ at Tey's amazing brownstone. Beyond the usual chips 'n dip we had flank steak, perfectly grilled chicken, cold sesame peanut noodles, spiced broccoli and cauliflower, corn on the cob, orzo and sangria. Dessert was blueberry and apricot cobbler with vanilla ice cream and chocolate pudding pie. I looked about 4 months pregnant when I got home, but my taste buds were happy. BBQs aren't so easy to come by in the city, and this was a great way to cap off the academic year and kick off the summer. Did I mention Tey has a backyard? As her partner Alice would say, I'm peanut butter & jealous.
And now we're already well into a week of reality-tv finales! I've turned down offers for Mediterranean tonight and Korean fried chicken tomorrow because with Blake and Jordin in the American Idol finale the stakes are just too high.

No comments:
Post a Comment