I'm fairly certain the words "religious" and "traditional" aren't often used to describe me, but even this modern agnostic has some sense of propriety. When you're pay your last respects to someone, dress the part. Don't show up like you just came from the beach. If you did just come from the beach, change. It's a wake for God's sake.
Admittedly I probably shouldn't have been outside playing fashion police with my aunt, but she needed a smoke. The two of us nearly choked to death when this girl rolled out of her PT Cruiser. Who shows up at a funeral home in a gauzy white see-thru sundress and aqua blue flip-flops? Flip-flops?! Seriously? Seriously. It's almost not even worth mentioning that her toes were painted the same shade of blue as the offending footwear.
The offense of her outfit was superseded only by the guy who cut into traffic between the hearse and the limo, and then passed the hearse over a double solid line. What is wrong with people?
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
If you tell me that you took her down WWF style that would make my whole weekend.
I was really tempted to bundle her into the coat closet, but my aunt and I just glared disapprovingly...
Almost as good. I imagine your glares to be fierce. Actually, I remember your glares to be fierce from when you scared the hell out of me in Civ!
Well I couldn't have been the only one bothered by the fact that we spent 1 day on Joan of Arc, 2 weeks on Vatican II, and the lecture on the women's movement was "accidentally" scheduled on a day when we didn't actually have class!
That was my favorite "mistake" in Civ - oops, it's a public holiday! How ever did we forget? Oh well, no feminism for you girls!
Post a Comment