What was the sign that alerted me to the arrival of autumn on the West coast?
- Was it the plethora of pumpkin purveyors popping up all over the place? No.
- Was it the fresh and crisp apples at the farmers' market? No.
- Was it the bushels of fun-sized candy tempting me at every turn? No.
- Was it the kiddie costumes in the drugstores, bookstores, and supermarkets? No.
- Was it the carmel and peanut coated apple I cheekily ate on the way home from the supermarket? Close, but no.
So what was it that sparked the "AHA!" moment of fall?
I made myself sick eating candy corn.


2 comments:
I myself have taken down not 1 but two bags of the candy pumpkins, i used to hate the suckers but nwo they have replaced candy corn as my fav. i htought makign myself sick offf one bag would cure me of my cravign til next year, it appears that is not the case!
The thing I realized yesterday as I was shoveling those little kernels into my mouth is that they don't really even have a flavor. They're just sugary. Maybe we're genetically predisposed to an addiction to high fructose corn syrup.
Post a Comment