Thursday, October 18, 2007

It came to me in my sleep

I have very bizarre dreams. Often. Bec says its good - that it's my subconscious' way of resolving things. It's a mental decluttering - I should really embrace that. I don't mind when it's a good dream - like Chad Michael Murray getting frisky with me in an elevator and constantly hitting the top and bottom numbers so that we can remain uninterrupted, perpetual love in an elevator, so to speak. (It's my dream, don't knock it - and if I could I'd have Steven Tyler there providing a live soundtrack). But when it's the dream that I'm showing up late for marching band practice and I don't know any of the drills or the music and I awake in a panicked sweat - that I don't like so much.

The other night I dreamt that my high school drama club was putting on a production of The Devil Wears Prada. I was playing Anne Hathaway's part, of course, but it didn't occur to me until the Friday night performance that I was probably going to have to provide my own costumes since this was such a contemporary piece. To add to the problem, I had gained weight and didn't fit into any of my moderately trendy clothes. I had some of my mom's clothes from the 60s that were old enough to pass for vintage, and I had some fabulous shoes, but that wasn't enough. My sister had this gorgeous one shoulder baby pink number (bizarre, that's probably the one color dress neither of us has ever worn), but she had expressly told me I could not borrow it. It looked fabulous, but she didn't want stage make up all over it. I told her I would buy her a new one, but she had gotten it on sale at the Bloomingdale's website and said it made no sense to buy a new one full price. This argument also made no sense, but it was sibling rivalry expressed in a dream, what do you expect. In the end I took the dress anyways, and then someone accidentally brushed up against it with his shoe, and there were dirt marks all over it - it was fiasco.

Anywhoodle, through a very complicated thought process (I won't bore you with the details), I have decided that this dream was a sign that I need a new pair of fabulous shoes. (And if I needed needed a sign to confirm that, my boos showed up today missing a rhinestone.) What do you think about these? I know they're a little crazy, and I never would have picked them out online, but I saw them in the store and they are quite striking. Although I'm never sure what the rule is with peep-toe shoes. Can they be worn year-round? If so, must one wear tights?

No comments: