Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

It's not even noon yet and I've already had a mini-milky way, fun size twix, and a handful of candy corn - I love the sugar holidays!! When I was little I'd use a pillow case for trick-or-treating, and when I got home with my stash I'd sort through it all. This paved the way for a complicated series of negotiations and trades with my sister. I'm not a huge fan of Reese's Peanut Butter cups and don't like Butterfingers. I can't remember if Steph took those off my hands or I just gave them to my dad, but it was a crucial part of the celebration.


I've had lots of different costumes over the years - fairy princess, nerd, club kid, angel - but I think my favorite was a few years back when I was a washed up actress:


As the night progressed my press-on nails kept falling off, I scored an empty bottle of Jack Daniels, and I shouted, "In my day you needed TALENT to make it, not just tits & ass!" at pretty much anyone who would pretend to listen. (Sadly the photo doesn't show my saggy fish net knee-highs and pink fluffy house slippers, but that's a real Virginia Slim.)

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ah I see we are following the same nutritious diet. My morning (post halloween) has consisted of: a mini peppermint patty, an almond juy, a twix and a few mellowcreme pumpkins. Just in case you're coutnign this is bag #4! of pumpkins, i think i need a detox to wean myself off of them. Honestly I'm surpised I'm not peeing breight oraneg t this point....

I definately did not relieve you of the butterfigners- yuckola, dad must have eatne those. But I may have swapped for the peanut butter cups.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I love this!

Anonymous said...

oh, you could never be a washed up actress with that gorgeous face and beautiful skin. and Hey! I love butterfingers - you must have to acquire sophisticated taste buds.
and Steph, if you come back to read these comments.........hmmm I guess you're just doing your motherly service to Kayley since she's too young to eat candy.... probably too young to actually trick or treat too, and since Scott was the only one I saw in costume - Shame on him - he's just too old to trick or treat.