The R's are basically my adoptive family here in the North County. I watch their little man 3 times a week, and they have welcomed me in as one of their own. With 4 dogs, an 11-month-old baby, and a constant stream of unfortunate events crossing their path, things can be a little hectic, so I fit right in. Take today, for example.
I was trying to help get things organized because dad had conference calls, and mom had to pick up aunt and niece at the airport this afternoon, so after scraping the oatmeal off his face and giving him some bouncy time in the exer-saucer I sat baby down in the highchair with some toys. I was trying to find juice in the fridge when I realized the bottom of my pants were all wet. I looked down to see if I had spilled something or if the freezer was leaking, but, no, there I was standing in a big yellow puddle of dog pee. Damn you, Gigi! Luckily, just then dad walked in, so he got me a pair of sweat pants.
When it was time to leave my pants weren't dry and my socks weren't clean, so I decided to go barefoot because I couldn't bring myself to put on my gray ankle boots. Together with the cropped fleece sweats and bat-wing sweater I would have looked like I led a double life, welding by day and honing my dance skills at a gentleman's club by night. Gloria, Gloria, I think they got your number, Gloria! Mom gave me some flip flops she had left over from a trip to the nail salon, and as I drove to the bank I just prayed the drive up ATM was working because there was no way I was getting out of the car looking like that. This all took place before 10:30 AM.
The day took an upturn from there - I got my hair dyed a rich, chocolate brown color; I finally bought a gravely over-due brithday present; and I visited a fantastic downtown boutique with some fab hammered silver jewelry by an Isreali designer that I just might have to order.
Let's hope tomorrow is better. Not getting soaked in canine urine seems like a pretty low bar to set, but you just never know.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment