Thursday, December 18, 2008

done.

My poor roommate (among numerous other friends) has had to listen to me go back and forth over #3. His indecisiveness kills me, but he's a nice guy. It's not going anywhere, but we have fun when we're together. I know he's not the one, so do I cut it off now, or just enjoy it without worrying so much?

Well, he made it easy by just cutting it off himself. I may have precipitated this in a strongly worded "talk" on Sunday where I told him, among other things, to stop being tofu and picking up the flavor of whatever he was cooked with, and that he could make decisions - he wasn't physically incapable of it, he's an adult, he's gone and got himself a career, etc. - he chooses not to. I felt badly and tried to play nice with less harshly worded texts and e-mails, but last night we "talked."

Apparently this always happens, right around 2 months he gets a gut feeling that things aren't working and starts to pull away. Apparently I'm the third person this has happened with (way to make a girl feel special). Apparently he needs therapy, not a girlfriend (I suggested it in a nice way! But then he wanted me to tell him what type of therapy he needed and how to go about finding a therapist. Honestly?) Apparently I was being presumptuous thinking I was the one who was going to have to end things.

I'm not going to go back into the dating thing right away. For one thing, it's exhausting. For another, it's the holidays - I'm going to Boston for a week to hang with the fam, then coming back to NYC, then hopefully going to San Diego for a week to visit. Maybe in the week between Boston and SD I'll let some guys spend their Christmas/Hanukkah money buying me dinner, but I'm in no rush to find #4. And maybe I'll start the counter over after New Years.

No comments: