Now I've been really good about not shopping for the past 2 months, not necessarily by choice, but frugal nonetheless. My only real personal purchases since I moved back to NYC were the watch and the wellies, but both are highly functional - utilitarian almost. Friday I went shopping with Lisa, however, and the beast has been unleashed. Here are just some of the yummies I found cruising piperlime for 10 minutes:



Normally I'm against shoes that a) look like they have a built-in sock and/or b) mix materials, but I really like these brown faux-mary jane boots. Good sized heel, consistently good reviews, cheap - I'm getting them! The red ones are bizarrely adorable, and I think my firm belief that every woman should have a pair of red shoes is well known, but they don't come in my size so I'm taking that as a sign. Likewise with the slouchy brown boots - the universe is telling me not to buy them, but I'm a little more bummed about these ones because I am in the market for new, knee-high brown boots (the ones I have now cause serious ankle and knee pair when I wear them, and there's only so much I'm willing to sacrifice for fashion).


This hobo wallet - love, love, love; and how cute would it look coming out of this Dutchy bag? I covet. I want it immediately. I might have to buy it because I have the discount, and then I'll do a reality check when it arrives. Although, my current bag is falling apart. (Literally. It's this super cute grey, patent leather shoulder bag I got at Marshall's this summer, it's perfect for carrying my papers, books, etc. and I've gotten tons of compliments on it, but the patent leather stuff is peeling off and underneath it's just a dull grey not-so-nice pleather. That makes me sad.)
Lastly, sorry I've been so sporadic on posts lately - massive stack of papers to grade + grant application + travel + no news on the dating front = fewer posts. There'll be a turkey day redux in the near future.

4 comments:
no news on the dating front?? what happened to #3??
Amers, love the savings alert but want to catch up off-line. (No big news on my end, just looking to hear your latest.)
The SD contingent had a nice birthday breakfast for Meredith last Sunday. You were definitely missed. Oh, and it has been really foggy here, which qualifies as official So Cal "winter" weather!
Big hugs,
T
are you aware of this website?
http://shoetube.tv/
Mrs. H - #3 and I are still good - hence no updates. And that site? oh.my.god! looooove
Toni - definitely, can't wait to chat again soon
Post a Comment