Things have been at little hectic at home, so in an effort to find order amidst all the chaos I did some Christmas cleaning at my parents' house. For those of you who have never visited the LeClair homestead, picture the "before" example on all those clutter clearing shows they feature on Style network. The front hallway has always been a particularly bad spot, and since it's the main thoroughfare between the dining room - where we were eating Christmas dinner - and the living room - where we were opening presents - I thought I'd focus my energy there.
Two things really amazed me: 1) the amount of tidying one can accomplish in an hour, and 2) the collection of useless shit we have in our house. Following the guidelines of the organizing shows I love, I separated things into piles - trash, donations, keeps. Here are some of the keeps I found:
William's Wit Kit: Create your own Shakespearean Insults (along the lines of magnetic poetry) - When you want to call someone a perfidious sluggard, say it with magnets.

Curious George wood block puzzle
He is one cheeky little monkey, that George.

1" square magnetic photo frame, with 80's aerobic instructor insert
There's a comely wench if I've ever seen one.

Bridal Troll
This thing will not die! Although I hadn't notice before she's even got a little train on that dress, and frankly it's refreshing to someone/thing in wedding gown that's NOT strapless. Geesh!

Mars and Venus in Touch for only $2.95 - what a steal! Now if only I had a relationship on which to work...

No comments:
Post a Comment