Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Spin Cycle


I have been meaning to go to a spinning class since I joined the Y, and yesterday was the big day. I was a little intimidated when I went into the "spin loft" and everyone was wearing proper cycling shoes. That's okay, I'd get the same workout with my sneaks on. Then the instructor announced that we were starting off our weeks with a 90 minute ride. 90 MINUTES?! Apparently I had misread the schedule - I had certainly not bargained for this. Then she showed us the elevation map the class would follow - we would be simulating the stretch between Big Sur and San Simeon, starting with a 10 min climb. If I had enough liquid in my body to produce tears I would have cried, but I just held onto my proverbial big girl panties and thought about all those boxes of CheezIts that are embedded in my thighs.


90 minutes later ... my legs were shaking as I tried to make my way down the stairs. My lady bits - we let's just say that it feels like I had an unpleasant encounter with a herd of elephants in my special no-no place. I think there may be actual bruising, but that's not something I'm going to investigate. If I can get my dimpled bum back there next Monday I might work off that as-yet-to-be-determined treat I'm going to seek out today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some times I'm almost happy to be bordering on CFS. This is one of them. ;)

AML said...

Yes, I often think a trip somewhere to catch a tape worm might be a better way to go about things.