Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Amy's big adventure

It's official! My road-trip across the Great American South has a start date: May 8th. I'll be joining my amazing friend Mia in Tucson, AZ. We realized that although we were roommates for 2 yrs of college, we've never been on vacation together (and anyone that's shared a room with me deserves a lifetime of vacations). I'm super excited! Mia calling to tell me she'd bought a flight made my day.

In other trip-related news, I told someone the other day I was planning to "unleash my inner cowgirl." His reply: "Oh, you're going to a dude ranch?" Um, hi, have you met me? I was thinking more along the lines of buying a cute little straw cowboy hat, listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd, and maybe, maybe, if I've had one too many cans of PBR, get up on a bar and sing "Sweet Home Alabama."

As the song says, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."

No comments: