Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shaping up and shipping out

The plans for my trip are really taking shape. I leave a week from today. Here's a brief glimpse of what my route is going to look like:


View Larger Map

After I leave Tucson, I'm going to head to Truth or Consequences, NM, to soak up the hot springs, stopping off to see the Gila Cliff Dwellings on the way. I'll spend the night in Elephant Butte (he he), then visit the White Sands National Monument to sand surf and Roswell, NM, to pay homage to my early-teen obsession with the X-Files. Carlsbad Caverns will be my last stop before heading into Texas. I've prepared for my trip to the Lone Star state by purchasing Grant Lee Buffalo's Mighty Joe Moon album and listening to Track #1 repeatedly and sporting TexasLash mascara by Cargo.

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: