Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 14: Savannah, GA

Ladies and Gentleman, I've reached the Atlantic Ocean! Last night around 11pm I crossed back into the Eastern Time Zone. Mississippi and Alabama are mercifully narrow and easy to cross, but Florida goes on forever, I-10 seems to have road work throughout the entire state, thus reducing the speed limit, and while the bugs seem to be smaller than their Texan counterparts their sheer quantity is astounding. I've got the remnants of a Floridian massacre on my windshield.


I'm a little weary from travel, and the temptation to stay in was very strong. I forced myself out for a short walk around the Historic District and am now resting in my hotel room. Savannah is beautiful - a city designed for long strolls and resting in the shade on park benches. My inner Southern Belle yearned for a parasol.


This is my last night alone on the trip, and the timing couldn't be better - the American Idol finale starts in 30 minutes! I had a nutritious dinner for oatmeal and a chocolate milkshake, and I've got wine and Doritos for snacks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Travel Girl! I'm up watching AI now -- give me a call if you feel like dishing. Otherwise, I will call you tomorrow.

Much love,

T

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the home stretch - you're almost there..........still wish you'd turn around and come back to CA. love, mary

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're almost done! Hope AI was all you wanted it to be. :)

AML said...

David Cook was triumphant and balance was restored to the universe! And I knew I was getting close to home when I saw a Dunkin' Donuts.