After exploring the great outdoors in New Mexico I was craving some urbanism so skipped through Marfa, TX, and headed right into Austin, TX, to hang out Sarah from NYU who's down here doing research. I was okay by myself, but it's so great to be back with friends! We've stuffed ourselves on diner food (twice), Mexican, BBQ, and ice cream. We went shopping on South Congress, watched the world's largest urban bat colony take flight, cooled off at Barton Springs, and swung by the farmers' market where I found some adorable hand-printed silkscreen Ts. This is my type of city.
Austin is very cool, I like it here a lot, but it's about to get very hot (high 90s) so I'm headed off tomorrow morning for New Orleans. I've realized one of the problems with a road trip is you can't really back out. You can't get 1/2 way through and decide, "Oh, I'll fly back." It's been awesome, and I've got more to see, but the driving is getting old. The next set of friends is in DC (and from there it's smooth sailing). Can anyone recommend a fun place to stop in between NOLA and DC? I was thinking Atlanta, but a day by the water in Savannah might be more my pace. Suggestions?
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I vote for Savannah. I've always wanted to go there, so I can live vicariously through your pics. ;)
and you win! I'll be on my way in a few hours
Post a Comment