Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 24: Wakefield, MA - final destination

I'm baaaaAAAAAack!

4,433 miles from Rondinelli Manor to Casa LeClair. Someday when I have the time and the guts I'm going to go over my bank statements and see just how much I spent on gas.

It's remarkably easy to slide back into life at home. Before I saw anyone I stopped at Marshall's and bought 2 pairs of shoes. Then I picked up 2 Dunkin' Donuts iced coffees on the way to my sister's house. I got to squeeze my nieces chubby cheeks and giver her a fraction of the kisses I've wanted to over the last 5 months. Back at my parents' house I finally unloaded my car and quickly made my bedroom look like a federal disaster area. After a dinner of steak tips with my father's famous marinade (all I know is it contains both BBQ sauce and Welch's grape jelly) I headed to my friend Lisa's new place. Then it was time for some Sex in the City! A-maz-ing. Don't want to give away any spoilers, but I can't wait to see it again.

There are somethings I forgot about Boston that I wish I didn't have to remember. In DC I got a taste of what I was in store for with guys out in Nantucket reds, flip flops with whales on them, sunglasses on the back of their necks...We get it. You summer in the Vineyard. Every member of your family has at least one Black Dog tee. We get it. No need to tattoo it on your forehead.
Last night we watched as a fight broke out between a bouncer and someone a little too liquored up. The bouncers were out of control and looking to flex whatever muscle their jobs give them. The guy was tanked and didn't have friends who cared enough to pull him out - for his own sake - and shove him in a cab. There were people hopping over the bar and guys pulling each other's polo shirts; Journey was on the jukebox. Ah, Boston, you're my home.

Today I've got a bridal shower for a friend from high school. Watch out ladies - I'm killer at bridal word scrambles! The rest of the weekend will be filled with exciting events like mowing the lawn and cleaning my room. I'll try and blog every exciting detail.

Thanks to all those who supported my road trip and made me feel at home in so many ways, in so many places.

No comments: