DC has free parking near the monuments - who knew? - and it was a gorgeous day so I strolled around the mall for a while. I distinctly remember the heavy feeling of disappointment when I first came to DC at age 12 and found out that the mall was not, in fact, a large shopping center. Walking around with the omnipresent Washington Monument dominating the skyline I pondered the meaning of the nation's capitol having a giant phallus as the visual focal point of the city. (And one might wonder about the international Oedipus complex, with Paris' Eiffel Tower and London's Big Ben).

No wonder we end up with so many dicks in office.

2 comments:
sorry, Nebraska and Wyoming (about as far from Southern as you can get)
I wasn't referring to any specific "dicks", just making a snippy comment about politicians in general, but if I'm not mistaken the president IS from Texas.
Post a Comment